470 IAC 3-1.2 Infant and Toddler Care
- Change positions of infants
- Each child shall have their own crib, playpen, or mat (requires a variance) to sleep on. Each child younger than 24 months has a crib, portacrib, playpen, or bassinet. If a bassinet is used, determine if the parent has either provided or consented to the use of the bassinet.
- Infants must be held during bottle feedings until they can hold their own bottle.
- Bottles shall not be propped.
- Safe Sleep practices shall be followed
- Infants must be placed on their back to sleep.
- Slats of the crib can be no more than 2 3/8 inches apart.
- Mattresses must fit snugly with no more than one inch between the mattress and the side of the crib.
- Infant Safe Sleep Policy Template
This guide offers much of the information you will need to get started in your family child care business in Illinois. There are sections about planning for your business, preparing your home, creating a contract, planning meals, and much more. This overview of the process is a helpful resource for understanding the steps in becoming a licensed family child care home.