A few facts to keep in mind
- Every state/territory/tribe has dollars for the Child Care Stabilization Grants
- These grants are for family child care providers and child care centers to provide financial relief and to help stabilize business affected by the COVID-19 pandemic
- This is not a loan. It’s a grant. You do not have to pay it back
- Explore Tom Copeland’s What You Need to Know About the Child Care Stabilization Grants
- Provider must be licensed/registered as of March 11, 2021.
- No do not need to show proof of financial loss to be eligible.
- Your program can be a Limited Liability Company (LLC) or incorporated or a non-profit organization
- The number of employees does not determine eligibility, you can be the only employee and qualify.
- Updates about your state: https://childcare.gov/covid-19/providers
How can the grant money be used?
- Paying yourself or employees – Explore Tom Copeland’s What Does it Mean to “Pay Yourself” with a Stabilization Grant?
- Rent, mortgage payment, utilities, insurance
- Facility maintenance and improvements
- COVID supplies, equipment, training on health and safety
- General operating expenses
- Other goods and services necessary to maintain or resume child care services
- Mental health supports for you, children and employees
- Professional Development Related to Health and Safety (CPR, First Aid, etc.)
Recordkeeping and Taxes