470 IAC 3-1.1-39 Swimming
470 IAC 3-1.1-45 General Environment
470 IAC 3-1.1-46 Fire Prevention
470 IAC 3-1.1-47 Sanitation
470 IAC 3-1.1-48 Safety
- Pools – must be enclosed by a fence and have a lock (combination or key) on the gate.
- Shall not have loose handrails, torn screens, or open windows without screens. Fan blades shall not be accessible to children.
- Home is equipped with heat (when needed), lights, and ventilation
- Kitchen is equipped with stove, oven, or microwave, a refrigerator, and a sink with hot and cold water in the kitchen area
- Children shall not be cared for in a basement that does not have a direct exit to the outside.
- Exits shall not be blocked.
- Shall not have any gas leaks.
- Poisonous or hazardous materials shall not be in the reach of children.
- Tools shall not be within children’s reach.
- Firearms shall be kept in a locked area that is inaccessible to children.
- Drug use or paraphernalia is prohibited in the child care home when child care is being provided.
- Smoking is prohibited in the child care home or play area during the time children are in attendance. Ashtrays with cigarettes and/or ashes shall not be accessible to children.
- Alcohol use is prohibited in the child care home when child care is being provided.
Shall not be structural damage to the home.